chev

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Salt Dough Footprint Project

 
 
 
Another pinterest project attempt....
 
 
Footprint project
 
 
 
This is the picture from pinterest and the original website I used for the project Salt Dough Footprint Project
 
This is the recipe from the website
Salt dough recipe:
1 cup salt
1 cup plain flour
Half a cup of warm water
 
This is what my mixture looked like once I mixed everything together
 
 
Then you are supposed to knead dough until it becomes smooth
 
Once you have the right consistency (not sticky and not falling apart) I rolled the dough out onto some aluminum foil that I sprayed lightly with cooking spray so that it wouldn't stick.]
 
 
I used a small bowl for making the shape.  The website suggest pushing the dough into a shallow bowl.  If I ever attempt this again I will do that next time.  It makes the dough "thicker" in the center for a deeper footprint.
 
 
To make a hole at the top for hanging I used a straw
 
 
I was by myself attempting this project so I have no picture of me stamping Collins' foot, but that was the easy part.  Once we did that I put it in the oven for 3 to 4 hours at 200 degrees.  I still haven't gotten around to painting it yet, but from certain angles the footprint is hard to make out because its too shallow.
 
 
Honestly I would probably pay to have it done if I decide to do it again... This was a messy messy project.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment