chev

Thursday, July 5, 2012

For This Child I Prayed....

For This Child I Prayed and the Lord has Granted me what I Asked of Him. 1 Samuel 1:27

     September 2011, Labor Day to be exact, is the day our lives changed (for the better) forever. I took a pregnancy test and saw the word pregnant!!!! Matthew and I were beyond excited that in just 9 short months we would have a precious baby joining our family! Little did I know that 9 short months would turn out to be the looooongest 9 months ever! After telling our families our exciting news the fabulous and dreaded pregnancy symptoms started rolling in. I swear I experienced everyone in the book! The first 2 trimesters I was nauseated 24-7 and NOTHING helped! I tried everything from gingerale to saltines to pregars pops and nothing helped to ease up that wonderful nauseated feeling. Now I know it could've been worse and afterall i was carrying the most wonderfully God created miracle inside of me, but that doesn't make the nausea better at the time. Once the 3rd trimester hit the nausea faded and the heartburn set in. I'd take heartburn over nausea any day! So like I said between the nauseau, the never ending bathroom trips, the weight gain, the swelling, the high blood pressure, and the heartburn it was the LONGEST 9 months of my life!!  My most favorite thing about being pregnant (the list is short) was feeling her move.  This girl moved NON STOP once she started going!  It was so much fun watching the kicks and rolls any hour of the day or night.  During those 9 months we of course decorated a nursery after finding out that we were having a GIRL and we had some wonderful showers! Here just a few pics during that time. I have waaaay to many to post!







As i'm sure most of you who are reading this know by now, we named our precious baby girl Collins Elizabeth Wright. It's crazy how much she looks like her 4D pics :) Next post will be the big day that Collins arrives! 

1 comment: